Following are the steps that I have followed for CocoBase VAJava Integeration. CocoBase version is 3.1 release 8 with an upadte patch (update321.zip) sent by THOUGHT Support. Please validate the following steps:
1. Go to <drive>\thought\cocodemo3tier31\demos folder and open the file cocovaj.bat in Notepad. Change the value of VAJ_HOME to the path where Visual Age for Java is installed on the machine. You will only need to change the drive letter.
2. Run cocovaj.bat file.
3. Go to <drive>\thought\cocodemo3tier31\ides\vajava folder and change the value of VAJ_HOME to the path where Visual Age for Java is installed on the machine. You will only need to change the drive letter. Similarly change the value of COCO_HOME to the path where CocoBase is installed. Here too, only drive letter change will be required.
4. Run this cocovaj.bat
5. Open build.bat and modify VAJAVACLASS_HOME and COCO_HOME (if required) and run the file.
6. Copy the VAJCodeGen.class into <drive>\thought\cocodemo3tier31\classes\thought\CocoBase folder.
7. Copy the VAJInstaller.class into <drive>\thought\cocodemo3tier31\classes11\com\thought\VAJ folder.
8. Now in <drive>\Program Files\IBM\VisualAge for Java\ide\tools, 2 folders are visible, com-thought-CocoAdmin and com-thought-vaj.
9. In com-thought-vaj folder, open homedir.properties file in Notepad. The existing content of the file, for example, may look like: COCO_HOME=d:\thought\cocodemo3tier31. Please change the same to COCO_HOME=d:\\thought\\cocodemo3tier31. notice the change from \ to \\ at 2 places. Do the same changes in com-thought-CocoAdmin\resources\homedir.properties.
10. In com-thought-CocoAdmin\resources folder, in CocoAdmin.properties file, for Oracle, modify the default values of Oracle_Thin_COCODBURL from jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:ORCL to jdbc:oracle:thin:@<servername>:1521:ORCL, Oracle_Thin_COCOUSERID from SCOTT to the your database username and Oracle_Thin_COCOPASSWORD from TIGER to your database user password. In Oracle.properties file in the same folder, change the SCHEMANAME from default to your database schema.
11. Start Visual Age for Java. Select Window -> Options -> Resources. Add <drive>\Oracle\Ora81\jdbc\lib\classes111.zip (or classes12.zip, if available)(for Oracle 8i client), <drive>\thought\cocodemo3tier31\classes; <drive>\thought\cocodemo3tier31\classes11; <drive>\thought\cocodemo3tier31\demos in the classpath. Also, add all the zip and JAR files in <drive>\thought\cocodemo3tier31\lib in the classpath.
12. Select Workspace -> Tools -> THOUGHT INC Cocobase Enterprise OR -> Install Cocobase runtime libraries. This should not give any errors.
When I followed above steps, my integration was working absolutely fine but when I applied the same steps for integration of SR9 of CocoBase with VAJava, I faced problems.
When tried to generate source code from CocoBase(invoked from within VAJ), after clicking on 'Generate Java' button, a window popped up asking me the directory path where to generate the source code.
Please look into this issues urgently as because of this we haven't been able to migrate to SR9.